Could You Run An Online Business 100% On A Smartphone?

I saw this question posted today on the Warrior Forum.

This is interesting to me because I was actually spending time Saturday thinking about what would be a good niche to start an authority blog in.

One question I had was how could you start and run a business 100% on a smartphone?

I think blogging is one of the ways you could do it.

There are others as well.

What are they?

First let me say that I would use my laptop to get everything set up.

I would use it for upgrading my blog as well.

However, there is no reason why you couldn’t handle everything 100% with a smartphone.

You could…..

– blog
– email
– telephone
– skype
– do social media
– advertise
– accept payments

Blogging On A Smartphone

I recently tried dictating an article using the microphone on my smartphone. It was easy to dictate, a little bit cumbersome to edit, and easy to post.

Then I came across a WordPress App for mobile blogging on a smartphone. You can read about that here. WP calls it the power of publishing in your pocket.

Dave Graham does it on his espresso blog. Cherie King uses her iPad to publish her travel blog,  which is a little bigger, but better than a laptop when you are traveling.

I am going to get the mobile WP app and give it a go this week. I’ll come back and tell you how it went.

Affiliate or Network Marketing

Both the affiliate and network business models could be run 100% on a smartphone.

Info blogging that is monetized with the Google Adsense affiliate program would be one way. Really any blog post can have affiliate links or banners in it.

The best network marketers today prospect with social media. One of my favorite bloggers is Lynda Kenny.

She recently did a review on Jessica Higdon’s 10k Social Media Recruiting Formula – Product Review

If you want to watch her review you can do that here:

If you are wanting to learn how to recruit on social media this recruiting formula is getting a lot of buzz all over the Internet.

Email Marketing

There is no reason you couldn’t do 100% of your email marketing on a smartphone. List building and follow up by email is best done using an autoresponder such as Aweber.

They take care of everything for you once it is set up. I like the idea of sorting and finding blog customers via email marketing as well.

SwagBucks

Some people just want to log online and make some money and log off.

You certainly can do that 100% on your smartphone.

One way to do that is to join SwagBucks for free.

This is the most popular program online for earning money and gift cards doing things such as shopping, watching videos, taking surveys, and more.

How can I say that?

They have paid out over $120 Million Dollars to their members.

You can make money referring people as well with your own SwagBucks referral web page which is part of their affiliate program.

Why Is This Important?

Think about this! How do you access the Internet the most today?

Google says more and more people are doing it on a smartphone. They predict soon over 90% of all searches will be done on a smartphone.

This is why they are penalizing websites and blogs that are not mobile friendly.

Better yet use a responsive WordPress template that will size correctly whether it is being searched on a desktop, latpop, tablet, or smartphone.

Summary

This is not a long post today on purpose. I hope you get the idea.

If you really want to you could run your business 100% on a smartphone. In my opinion maybe a better way would be use your smartphone 75% of the time and the other 25% use an iPad or laptop.

You are still pretty mobile with those and the rest of the time you have your smartphone with you every where you go, so why not easily make money some of that time!

jeff schumanWould you like to talk about how I can write affordable articles for you blog?

Use the contact me page to email me and we can set up a time to talk via Skype or phone. If you would like a little information first on my quality and article pricing go here: http://TeamSchuman.com/order-blog-articles/

This article has 2 comments

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *